Chocolate Stout Brownies
by Jasmine Comer
8 oz semi sweet baking chocolate
¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks)
½ cup stout
1 ½ cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments, stirring after each increment. The chocolate should be nice and smooth, but don’t let it get too hot.
- After the mixture cools a little, stir in the stout.
- Then, whisk in the sugar.
- Whisk in the eggs, one by one. Make sure not to overmix.
- Then, whisk in the vanilla.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Make sure not to overmix.
- Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownie comes out (mostly) clean without. There ay be a small amount of brownie stuck to the toothpick, but that is fine.