Café Stout and Cream Pops
As the last of summer winds down, we are craving the creamy, roasty flavors of fall. So, for the last few weeks of the heat, enjoy this wonderful icy blend of coffee and craft beer. Okay, who are we kidding? We eat ice cream year-around. This simple recipe calls for two of the best flavors in the world: Coffee and chocolate. The strength of the espresso combined with the roasted chocolate profiles of the milk stout makes for a delicious grown-up treat. Can we say #adulting win?
4 oz espresso or strong coffee
6 oz milk stout beer
2 tbsp sugar, separated
½ cup whipping cream
Chocolate or chocolate candies, crushed
- In a pouring bowl or large measuring cup stir together coffee, beer and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Stir to combine then pour into popsicle molds about ¾ full.
- Add popsicle sticks and set in freezer for at least two hours.
- Next stir together whipping cream and rest of the sugar and pour into the popsicle molds.
- Finish with crushed chocolate.
- Set again in the freezer until popsicles are completely set.