Imagine this: Your wanderlust heart is aching with the emptiness of ending a passionate, lustful love affair. You are craving something to ease the pain. Perhaps, something rich, fluffy, and a bit boozy. The traditional Tiramisu dessert crosses your mind. After all, ‘Tiramisù’ does mean ‘Cheer me up’. But, you need something a hell-of-a-lot stronger. Introduce – the Beeramisu. It’ll transport you away from heartbreak to a small coastal-front boutique café on the shores of Venice, Italy. With each bite, you forget all about that loser. And, by the last bite, you’ve found yourself again. Okay, perhaps, that’s a ridiculous story. However, we’re excited to bring you this craft beer-infused Beeramisu. It’s so delicious and leaves you wanting more. Enjoy!
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
8 oz container Mascarpone cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cups espresso, room temperature
½ cup coffee stout Beer
1 package ladyfingers
Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Add whipping cream to a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Whisk on high until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar and whisk again.
- Stir in mascarpone cheese and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add espresso and stout.
- Quickly dip ladyfingers on both sides in the espresso/beer mixture then arrange in an 8×8 baking dish in a single layer.
- Next add a layer of whipped cream mixture and repeat the process ending in the whipped cream.
- Cover and set in refrigerator to firm up for two hours or more.
- Dust with cocoa powder and cut into squares.
- (Pair the square with the rest of the coffee stout). Enjoy!